Senior Representative, Business Development - Welsh Government
An opportunity to join a team focused on fostering business development between the United States and Wales. The primary purpose of the posts is to identify and develop new foreign direct investment and trade opportunities in the target markets through proactive business development and lead generation activities involving direct contact with decision makers of companies, intermediaries and other networks and can effectively result in new business being secured for Wales.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the development of effective strategies, FDI target lists and marketing propositions alongside the Major Projects team and the Sector Teams. Outputs will positively result in the identification of quality leads, business networks and inward investment opportunities. They will work closely with trade development colleagues in Wales in the identification of trading opportunities, in providing information and guidance for Welsh businesses on issues such as local trading conditions and in organising and delivering trade missions to target markets.
The advertised post is a Senior Representative for Business Development, based in the British Consulate-General San Francisco and reporting to the Chief Representative of the Americas based in Washington DC. The incumbent will be expected to reach certain targets and expectations within the first six months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify, develop and deliver new quality inward investment projects, in line with Wales Government priorities and to identify/develop strong networking relationships with the decision makers of companies (and intermediaries) within the target market.
· Identify, develop and help to deliver, incremental investment from existing investors, working closely with colleagues in the Sector Teams (ST), Regional Engagement Teams (RET) and Major Projects Team (MPT).
· Work closely with trade development colleagues in Wales in the identification of trading opportunities and in providing information and guidance for Welsh businesses. Information and guidance will include, for example, advice on local trading conditions, market intelligence, off the shelf reports, key sector contacts and some bespoke research.
· You will also work with trade development colleagues to help organise and deliver trade missions to target markets, liaising with UKTI, local trade organisations and groups, hotels and other organisations as appropriate.
· Contribute to an annual and ongoing comprehensive and expansive sector and market analysis which should outline the business approach to be adopted, growth areas, company targeting and methodology, events and shows to ensure that operational targets are met and exceeded. It should include a focused activity plan.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the business issues, dynamics, drivers and trends within your market. Understand how these factors impact on your inward investment and trade market, opportunities within it and the approach needed in your market to achieve success.
· Prepare and present professional sales propositions to clients which positively influence decision makers of identified targeted companies to invest in Wales. In association with the ST, RET and MPT, develop tailored packages which encourage the organisation to ultimately invest in Wales.
· Provide appropriate business intelligence and feedback to the ST, RET and MPT on sector specific developments, regional opportunities, product weaknesses and shortfalls in order to maximise the effectiveness and marketing message of Wales to potential inward investment prospects.
· Undertake meetings with companies and organisations promoting Wales and generating inward investment and trade leads.
· Attend appropriate conferences, events and seminars which support the continued personal development of the main business dynamics, drivers and trends across your target market.
· Contribute to the preparation of an effective marketing/awareness programme in your market. In association with ST, RET, PMT and Marketing colleagues, identify high profile marketing events/opportunities which can raise the profile of Wales and improve the delivery of quality leads, enquiries and projects from the market.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, marketing or communications.
· 5-8 years of marketing experience.
· Self starter with the ability to make well judged and time critical decisions.
· Clear motivation and personal commitment to meeting challenging targets.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to network with senior level officials.
· A good knowledge of US and UK business cultures.
· Demonstrated record in a business development, sales, or project management role.
· An understanding of both private and public sector operations.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A Visa holders. If you hold a Visa other than an A Visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
The British Embassy Network offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurances, a retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
The target salary for this position is $62,900 annualized. Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment.
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted in a .doc (word) file format by 24 February 2013 to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line of your email “SF- Senior Representative.” Internal candidates should address their resumes through their Head of Group before applying. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The Welsh Government is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
The BABC is looking for a volunteer who can donate a minimum of 4 hours per week. The work consists of fund-raising, mailings, help at events, data entry and maintenance.
We are willing to train. Please call Khyati at the BABC office at +1 415-296-8645 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and for more information.